This depends where you live and whether you are on direct payments. Some Authorities will pay a contribution towards mileage (but not admissions or food and drink) otherwise you will be asked to pay for your child to be taken to activities. If you want your child learn social skills and be taken to a restaurant you can choose to pay for the worker’s meal. This isn’t a requirement but please note that they may only have funds to buy themselves a drink.